[News] Prototype of the vector data visualisation tool

Emmanuel Bertin bertin@iap.fr
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 23:05:03 +0200

"Danny R. Boxhoorn" wrote:

> L.S.,
>
> Here is the updated list of action items following the June 2, 2003 telecon.
> It is also available via the Astro-Wise homepage under `Agenda'.
>
> Cheers,
>
>                                                    Danny
>
> ACTION ITEMS -|- Updated  2 Jun '03
> -----------------------------------
>  2 Jun '03: Present - RRe, MNe, RSi, EBe, FMa, EVa, DBo
> 12 Jun '03: Next telecon
>
> The format consists of:
> - "AI"
> - The initial + first two letters of the surname of the person who is assigned
>   to the action.
> - Year/Month/Day with each part in two decimals.
>
> "AI ALL" means that the action is on everyone.
>
> + = AI is closed

> The initial list has been compiled from
>
> 31 October 2002 - Meeting @ ASTRO-WISE Course
>    January 2003 - Munich GUI/Quality Control Meeting
> all previous telekons

> Closed Action items are removed from list
>
> AI RR/EV/local contacts/ 02/06/03  Deadlines for AI related to scooping of work are all set on 1/7. At that date we will prepare an overall schedule for Awe tasks (and in fact also for OmegaCAM tasks - following current DMD interactions)
>
> AI EV/AG/MN 02/06/03 Prepare common AstroWise/OmegaCAM/VST response to Benoit Pirenne's note on data transfer ESO to consortia we expect in the near future.
>
> AI RRe/EVa 02/06/03 (Telecon 2/6/03)
>     Roeland and Edwin will go to VST/IF meeting in Napoli to discuss commissioning,
>         but some prior "recognition of ESO is required"
>
> AI RRe/ALL 02/06/03 (Telecon 2/6/03)
>     Users of the Astro-Wise Environment should send a list of  tools they would
>     like to see before 1 Jul '03 to Roeland. Environment tools are mostly db access type of tools like "delete all entries related to my tests of this afternoon".
>
> AI RRe 02/06/03 (Telecon 2/6/03)
>     Contact ESO (Michele or Yves Jung) about status of Eclipse and possibility to feed
>     our changes to Eclipse back to the main Eclipse branch again.
>     Check out the possibility to introduce FFT in eclipse for flat field pipeline.
>
> AI EBe/RSi 02/06/03 (Telecon 2/6/03)
>     Distribute URL + short description of Terapix QC web interface.
>     RSi check it out.
>
> AI EBe 03/04/03 (Telecon 3/4/03)
>     Draw schedule for implementation of the visualisation tool/ to be coordinated with current Awe prototype. Indicate what will be done before and after 1 november 03.
>
> AI EBe 03/04/03 (Telecon 3/4/03)
>     Add support to Swarp for other output reference pixels than the center
>     pixel of an image. This is required to separate the resampling from the
>     coaddition.
>
> AI DBo 03/04/03 (Telecon 3/4/03) Deadline 15/06/03
>     Write 10-step howto describing setup of database, fileserver,
>     parallel processing components and commands needed to reduce
>     calibration and science data with all those components activated.

> [...]
By Laurent Domisse:
this tool queries the source catalog database and produces 2D plots. An example
with 66000 sources can be found at
http://gtix.iap.fr:8080/visu/
Note: this is a monoprocessor machine used for development, and it is not as
fast as our production machines. We currently have a problem with the new
version of the graphics library, which is why clicking on the image does not
generate a Postscript file.
Comments welcome.
Cheers,
					Emmanuel.