[News] 2006 ADASS Conference Contributions

John P. McFarland mcfarland at astro.rug.nl
Tue Aug 8 14:28:41 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I'm sending a query to those willing to give presentations for Astro-WISE at
the 2006 ADASS conference in Tuscon, AZ the third week in October.  The
options are for direct presentation (travel there) or indirect presentation
(collaborate with one who is going).  We want to cover all the topic areas
below.

Please send me a brief abstract of any ideas you may have (we can combine
several topics together, if needed).  Indicate the topic area(s) in which your
idea(s) would best fit (see below) and the type of contribution you would be
able to make.  Keep in mind, we really want to go mainly with oral
presentations for greatest impact.

If you are willing to attend, please respond as quickly as possible as we need
to get everything organized prior to the abstract submission deadline of
Friday, 11 August.

The topic areas and examples are as follows:

 * Challenges and Solutions for Very Large Data
   - our paradigm handling large amounts of data

 * Advances in Imaging and Calibration Algorithms
   - our paradigm leading to global solutions

 * Quality Management in Astronomical Data Management Systems
   - our paradigm for quality management via database

 * Modern Grid Computing in Astronomy
   - our paradigm for connecting grid to the database (unique in the world)

 * Architectures for Large Astronomy Software Systems
   - our paradigm

 * Solar Neighborhood & Planetary Astronomy
   - any related science being done with or to be done with Astro-WISE

For detailed information on the conference, go to: adass.org/adass2006/

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,

John McFarland
<mcfarland at astro.rug.nl>