[News] DBview webservice upgrade

W.J. Vriend wjvriend at astro.rug.nl
Mon May 25 16:32:59 CEST 2009

Dear Astro-WISE member,

We have developed a new query interface for the dbview web service. In
the new interface the object model is shown as a tree, with the
requested class at the base of the tree. The dependencies are leafs
which can be unfolded and the attributes can be used to query on. The
look of the dbview also has changed, in terms of colors and fonts.
Furthermore a lot of the code behind the dbview web service has changed,
but that should not interfere with the functionality.

The test version of the dbview web service can be found at :

   http://dbview.test.astro-wise.org

We'll collect all remarks and suggestions the coming week. If no
(fundamental) objections are being raised the current test version will
be moved to AWBASE on 1 June 2009.

Michiel Tempelaar (the previous developer of dbview) has retired, please
contact us for any questions or remarks.

Best regards,

Ewout Helmich & Willem-Jan Vriend.