[News] Groningen millipede cluster maintenance

Ewout Helmich helmich at astro.rug.nl
Thu Sep 19 10:26:51 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

Below is the message about planned maintenance we got from the RUG ICT guys.

Regards,
Ewout

Dear millipede-users,

We want to schedule  maintenance on the millipede HPC cluster on the
30th of September:

- regular OS patches
- upgrade storage hardware
- upgrade storage software

The 'old' storage will be than only available read-only as /data_old,
the new storage will be r/w available as /data. You will have to copy
your old data yourself from /data_old to /data. We will create for user
write-able directories to place your data.

/data_old will be available until the end of this year (2013). Please
move your data before this date. We will send reminders in
November/December.

The new storage will feature better performance/stability and more
capacity (350 TB).

Dates:

19 September: draining/disabling long-queues
26 September: draining/disabling medium-queues
28 September: draining normal queues