[News] Astro-WISE usage

G.A. Verdoes Kleijn verdoes at astro.rug.nl
Wed Nov 11 13:31:24 CET 2015

Dear Astro-WISE users,

We would like to know your plans of using the Astro-WISE until the end
of the year. Both in terms of archive (i.e., accessing data) and for
doing data production.
The reason is that our University's Computing Center is contemplating
downtime to improve their system which we are using. This downtime would
take longer than the usual monthly "stop day" (i.e., those listed when
you start the Astro-WISE prompt, December 8 is left this year) and is
expected to take up to a week.

We would like to know 2 things:
1. which periods would you like to veto to have this occur? Then we
relay that information to the Compute Center.
2. would you like to continue using Astro-WISE during the downtime? Then
we will make the effort to provide you alternative access and production
resources. This involves work that we are happy to perform, but only if
needed.

Best wishes on behalf of the Astro-WISE team,
Gijs Verdoes Kleijn