[News] Upgrade to Python 3 and Git migration

Ewout Helmich helmich at astro.rug.nl
Thu Jan 12 17:42:59 CET 2017

Hi everyone,

We are almost ready to upgrade to Python 3.5! We have installations
running on both Python 2.7.11 and 3.5.1. Since we will not continue to
offer support for Python 2 indefinitely we urge you to update any code
you have that uses Astro-WISE so it works with Python 3. Please refrain
from committing any new code that is not compatible with Python 3.

Additionally, we are preparing to move our code repository from CVS to
Git. Note that scripts in astro/experimental will not be migrated; a
place outside our main code base will be provided.

Kind regards,
Ewout Helmich