[News] minutes Awe telecon 25/9/03

Edwin A. Valentijn valentyn at astro.rug.nl
Thu Sep 25 17:27:08 CEST 2003

REPORT ASTRO-WISE TELECON 25 sept 2003
=======================================

NEWS:

++ list of people and  responsibilities was mailed,
   it also  includes directions for bug reporting

++ Edwin reminds that in Q4 of 2003 our milestone is to have all
   classes defined.  When this is finshed, Danny's life with updating db
   schemas, syncing with code base etc should become simpler.

++ We received a (partly buggy) version of SLOAN's C++ library for htm
   and are busy implementing and testing it

++ Fjodr + Danny + new person from Liege will form STREAMS evaluation
task force team

++ We will organize a workvisit here in Groningen, dedicated to
   photometry and flatfielding in the near future. Niightsky flats can be
   discussed during that week.

   It was agreed to have this ASTRO-WISE workfloor gathering during the
   WEEK 17 - 21 November

Action items on responsible persons, cvs earmarking (test-base),
Astrobench, filename,
ftp from ESO were close/

AI's on QC rephrased

Implementation of Filename proposal will start
New AI on masking

Action Items
================

AI Danny 11/09/03
   Formalize procedure for schema-evolution between test and base
   versions of the code

AI Alfredo 11/09/03
   Integrate QC tools into verify and compare formalism (make QC
   persistent). Evaluate if/how these tools encompass an integrated
   full blown quality control system.
   + New version of Terapix QC sofware will be send to OAC ; OAC will
check it out.

AI Roeland, Ronald 11/09/03
   Make top level Dither recipe  (nearly done)

AI Roberto 11/09/03
   Add the OAC de-fringing method as a second, alternative method to
   ReducedScienceFrame

AI Edwin 11/09/03
  Write report on Bias recipes and the found hysteresis in the FIERRAs.

AI RRe (Telecon 25/9/03)
  Coordinate the various masking activities and put this inot a stable
scheme (doc)

AI USM (Telecon 24/7/03)
  Add USM cr-program to CVS and provide interface
  Update 07/08/03 -- Changed responsibility from RRe to USM

AI EBe (Telecon 24/7/03)
  Apply patch DBo to sextractor (fixes wcs issues)

AI EDe (Telecon 25/9/03)
  Implement  filenaming proposal into  AW

AI RRe (Telecon 24/6/03 updated 25/9/03)
  Merge "Manual.tex", "Cookbook.tex" into a single document.
  Update 07/08/04 -- README shall not be incorporated into this
         document

AI RRe 02/06/03 (Telecon 2/6/03)
 Contact ESO (Michele or Yves Jung) about status of Eclipse and
 possibility to feed our changes to Eclipse back to the main Eclipse
 branch again. Check out the possibility to introduce FFT in eclipse
 for flat field pipeline.
 Update 14/7/03 -- Sent message to Michele Peron, Added FFT to eclipse
 no reply from ESO

AI DBo +MPa (Updated 25/9/03)
 Define automated installation procedure and put this in doc.

AI OAC 31/10/02
 review and upgrade present recipes for calibration pipeline (bias,
 FF, fringing) as far as quality control is concerned: check
 specifications, test recipes, contribute to  improve scripts (due
 1-3-03).
 10/7/03 -- Number of modifications/additions now expected to be small
            and finished within 2 months

AI USM 31/10/02
 will play guinea-pig for the federated database- WFI data will be
 used to populate a first version.
 15/5/03 -- Mid-June prototype implementations will start.

--
Edwin A. Valentijn                         www.astro-wise.org
Kapteyn Astronomical Institute     tel   : +31 (0)50 3634011
NL-9700 AV Groningen               e-mail: valentyn at astro.rug.nl
The Netherlands                    www   : www.astro-wise.org/~valentyn