[News] new version of standard star catalog

Gijs Verdoes Kleijn verdoes at astro.rug.nl
Fri Feb 23 14:56:27 CET 2007

Dear Astro-WISE users,

A new version of the standard star catalog (version 10) has been released.
One thing has changed with respect to version 9:
Improved coordinates are used for the 526 Landolt stars available at
this ESO webpage: http://www.ls.eso.org/lasilla/Telescopes/2p2T/Landolt/
The attached AngularSep.eps figure shows a histogram of the angular
separation between previous and improved coordinates. Most changes are
within ~5arcsec but some stars had coordinates off by tens of arcsecs in
the original catalog (Landolt 1992 AJ 104, 340).

The how-to reflects this new version:
http://www.astro-wise.org/portal/howtos/man_howto_standardcals/man_howto_standardcals.shtml

The standard star catalog version 10 is now the default catalog used in
photometric calibrations in Astro-WISE. I am very much interested in all
feedback regarding the use of this new standard star catalog. Please
feel free to contact me if you have any questions related to the
standard star catalog.

Kind regards, Gijs