[News] new default photometric reference catalog: version 11

Gijs Verdoes Kleijn verdoes at astro.rug.nl
Tue Aug 14 09:58:55 CEST 2007

Dear AstroWise users,

I have ingested a new default Photometric Reference Catalog (named
cal569E_v11.cat). The content of this new version is described at:
http://www.astro-wise.org/portal/howtos/man_howto_standardcals/man_howto_standardcals.shtml
(Note that there is a generic lay-out problem for how-tos regarding text
in math mode. That's being worked on by our team.)

I made further updates to the how-tos on photometric calibration. In
particular, I added a how-to section which gives a summary overview of
the photometric calibration in AstroWise:
http://www.astro-wise.org/portal/howtos/man_howto_photcaloverview/man_howto_photcaloverview.shtml

Let me know of all problems/issues/ideas you might have regarding
photometric calibration: they are welcome.

Thanks and best wishes, Gijs

--
|dr Gijs Verdoes Kleijn         |   postal address:                |
|e-mail: verdoes at astro.rug.nl   |   Kapteyn Astronomical Institute |